Seventh apparition of Our Lady
Location: Cova da Iria
Date: June 15, 1921
Context: Eve of Lucia’s departure for the Vilar asylum
His Excellency the bishop José met Lucia, for the first time, around 1920-1921, and questioned her about the events. He proposed to her leaving Fatima and going to Oporto, because there she was not yet known. From the diary of Sister Lucia
“Again, in Fatima, I kept inviolate my secret. But the joy I felt in saying goodbye to the Bishop was short-lived. I recalled to my mind my family, the father’s house, the Cova da Iria, the Cabeço, the Valinhos, the well … and now should I go away from everything, thus, once and forever? And without knowing where to go…? I said yes to the Bishop, but now I’ll tell him that I regretted, and do not want to go there. ”
She was in this inner struggle, when she went to the Cova da Iria:
«So careful and solicitous, You, once again, came down to earth, and then I felt your friendly and maternal hand touching me on the shoulder; I looked up and saw You; it was You, the Blessed Mother, giving me a hand and showing me the way. Your lips opened and the sweet timbre of your voice brought back again light and peace to my soul: “Here I am for the seventh time, go, follow the path along which the Bishop wants to take you, this is the will of God.”
Then I repeated my ‘yes’, now a ‘yes’ much more conscious than that of May 13, 1917; and while you were again raising towards heaven, it came to my mind, at a glance, a whole series of wonders which in that same spot, only four years ago, I was given to contemplate.”
Cordimarian cycle, 1925 – 1929
Apparition of Our Lady
Location: in her cell, in Pontevedra
Date: 10 December 1925
“Appeared to her the Most Holy Virgin and, beside her, borne by a cloud, a Child. The Most Holy Virgin, placing one hand on her shoulder, showed her, at the same time, in the other hand a heart surrounded with thorns. Simultaneously, the Child said:
«Have compassion on the Heart of your Most Holy Mother, covered with thorns with which ungrateful men pierce it at every moment, and there is no one to make an act of reparation to remove them :
-Then, said the Most Holy Virgin: Look, my daughter, at my Heart, surrounded with thorns with which ungrateful men pierce me at very moment by their blasphemies and ingratitude. You at least try to console me and say that I promise to assist at the hour of death, with the graces necessary for salvation, all those who, on the first Saturday of five consecutive months, shall confess, receive Holy Communion, recite five decades of the rosary, and keep me company for 15 minutes while meditating on the 15 mysteries of the rosary, with the intention of making reparation to me.»
Apparition of the Child Jesus
Location: in the yard, in Pontevedra
Date: February 15, 1926
On the 15th of February 1926, while returning as usual [to empty a garbage can outside of the yard], I found there a child who appeared to me to be the same (whom I met once before), and I then asked him:
– Have you asked Our Heavenly Mother for the Child Jesus?
The Child turned to me and said:
– And have you revealed to the world what the Heavenly Mother has asked you?
– And saying that, He transformed Himself into a resplendent Child. Recognizing then that it was Jesus, I said to Him:
– My Jesus! You know very well what my confessor said to me in the letter I read to you. He said that this vision had to be repeated, for there are to be facts permitting us to believe it, and the Mother Superior alone could not spread this devotion.
– It is true that the Mother Superior, alone, can do nothing, but with My grace, she can do anything. It is enough that your confessor gives you permission, and that your Superior announces this for it to be believed by the people, even if they do not know who it was revealed to.
– But my confessor said in his letter that this devotion already exists in the world, because many souls receive Thee every first Saturday of the month, in honor of Our Lady and the fifteen mysteries of the Rosary.’
– It is true, My daughter, that many souls begin, but few persevere to the very end, and those who persevere do it to receive the graces promised. The souls who make the five first Saturdays with fervor and to make reparation to the Heart of your Heavenly Mother, please Me more than those who make fifteen, but are lukewarm and indifferent …
– My Jesus! Many souls find it difficult to confess on Saturday. Will You allow a confession within eight days to be valid?
– Yes. It can even be made later on, provided that the souls are in the state of grace when they receive Me on the first Saturday, and that they had the intention of making reparation to the Sacred Heart of Mary.
– My Jesus! And those who forget to form this intention?
They can form it at the next confession, taking advantage of their first opportunity to go to confession.”